Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Love the life I live

I made it back from Chicago, could not have asked for a more wonderful weekend!! I am so blessed and thankful for the life and the people that God has placed in my life!

Our Journey
This sweet girl, Marissa, and I made it to Chicago Aurora Mall Friday afternoon where we did some shopping before heading to the O'Hare airport.
With just one detour, we found our way to the airport to pick up this fabulous guy! The three of us ended the night with some grocery shopping and relaxing on the couch after a day of traveling.

Saturday we layed by the pool for a few hours and caught some rays before cleaning up to hit up yet another mall. Two malls in one weekend? Who wouldn't love that?! After spoiling ourselves we ate dinner and met my lovely friend Whitney at the train station!
After some discussion, these two realized they were kindergarten/4th grade buddies back in grade school!! What a small world we live in! Aren't they beautiful??

Sunday we headed to the train station to ride the metra to downtown Chicago! This was my very first train ride! I am glad I was not alone- I think I would have been very intimidated! 
When we got off the metra we walked around downtown and saw many beautiful tall buildings as we found our way to the water taxi!
Water taxi with the girls!

This is my very first water taxi experience!

We rode the water taxi through downtown all the way to Navy Pier!
This is the view looking back on the water taxi when arriving at Navy Pier, isn't it beautiful??
This is walking into Navy Pier
This is the view on top of the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier
We also ate lunch, walked around, saw some very beautiful stained glass, then we headed off to track down a cab (my very first cab ride) to take to see the Bean!




After seeing the Bean, we saw this very cool water tower that has a digital picture and changes
so the guys mouth opens and shoots out water! There were kids every where playing in the water
and cooling off on a hot day.

I had an amazing weekend in the windy city and can't wait to go back!



















No comments:

Post a Comment