Saturday, January 7, 2012

I NEGU, do you?

I like to "catch up" on news on the yahoo website every now and then. Today I was shocked, heart broken, inspired and joyed all at the same time.

I've mentioned before that I would love to get involved in helping in the children's hospital some day. That is one of my ultimate goals. Finish college, find a teacher position, raise a family, and find a way to get involved at a children's hospital.

NEGU is a non profit organization that a 12 year old started up with the help of her family and friends. NEGU is short for Never Ever Give Up. Jessica Joy Rees was diagnosed with brain cancer in March. Her ten month long battle ended Thursday as she was sent to heaven to watch over her family, friends, and all those children who have serious illnesses and need a guardian angel who will NEGU.
Look Jessie up on facebook! Glance through some of her pictures, read the picture discriptions, and you will see how this young 12 year old had a heart of gold.

Jessie started Joy Jars. These jars were filled and handed out to children with illnesses.


This picture was on her facebook. Her caption said, "I do". Jessie, I do too!

Prayers going out to the Rees family!


I wish I could put all her amazing pictures on here but that would probably take too much room. I do encourage you to check out her facebook! (You don't have to have a facebook account to view hers) I can not get her blog to open but she also has a blog that she posted on when she became diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment