Wednesday, January 8, 2014

'Tis the New Year! (Already?!)

Whew! What a whirlwind of a year it has been! And especially these last few weeks! I have very much enjoyed the holidays and everything that comes along with that! Being a teacher, I have a pretty nice break where I don't have to worry about getting called into work. Landon also took some days off, allowing him 17 days at home!! That was really nice! Looking back on this past year, I can not believe how fast it has flown by! It seems like I was just blogging about the first of the year (a year ago). It has been a year FULL of ups and downs. Just a quick recap of some of the happenings this past year...

January:  -We celebrated New Years Eve on the drive back home from Omaha after Landon's Grandma's services. His cousins were with us and we all tried to stay up once we got home to bring in the new year. (I think some of us may have fallen asleep :P)
             - Started my student teaching

February: Grandpa Poge went to the Greenfields' to live as he continued to battle his cancer.


March: Passed my Praxis!
          -Started my second student teaching placement
          - My parents celebrated their 50th Birthdays
          - Landon moved to MN


April: Went to Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin concert in MN!

         
May: Graduated from BV with my BA degree in education


June: Landon and I celebrated one year together
        -We lost my Uncle Jeff and a week later my Great Uncle Harold


July: I was honored to be in my friend Whitney's wedding


August: Went to the ISF
            -Went to St. Louis for the Cardinals game




September: Started Substitute teaching

October: celebrated my 23rd birthday


November: Had an awesome Thanksgiving


December: -Celebrated Landon's 25th Birthday
                 -TSO concert
                 -Celebrated a year and a half with Landon
                 -Was spoiled a ton on Christmas
                 - We lost Grandpa Poge
                 -Celebrated New Years Eve with shopping, Ice skating, the Iowa game, and Longhorn Steakhouse







No comments:

Post a Comment