Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcoming in the New Year!

Well, it is officially the new year. Although the Greenfield family and I didn't ring in the New Year on the GREATEST note ever, it was still nice to be able to be with them, which is all that matters. Grandma Poge passed away so they had a beautfiul service for her New Years Eve. Although it wasn't on the best of circumstances, I was able to meet more of Landon's family and get to visit with Grandpa some! Grandpa Poge and the rest of the family would appreciate prayers as he continues to battle cancer and now the loss of his wife. I am very sad I didn't get to meet Grandma, but I know from all the wonderful, funny, and sweet stories she was an amazing lady, just as the rest of the family is.

I am very excited to see what this year will bring. I start my student teaching in just a few days, on Monday!!! Eeeeekkkk!!! I'm so excited and nervous all at once! I will be teaching 4th grade, which is older than what I hope to get my "job" in one of these days but this will be a good experience out of my comfort zone! I have not met the teacher I will be teaching with but we have exchanged emails and I can already tell she is going to be awesome to work with!! I am very relieved about that!

Highlights of year 2012

  • Spring Break vacation in Florida with my mom and Grandma and Grandpa England. I was able to lay by the ocean and swim with the Manattees!
  • I moved back home from MO the end of April and started school at Buena Vista the beginning of May.
  • I met Landon's family for the first time at the end of May.
  • I made my first trip to Chicago with the company of Landon's sister Marissa. I enjoyed spending the weekend at Landon's apartment and having my best friend take the train out to come see me and stay with us! We visited down town and had a blast! It was my first cab ride, train ride, and water taxi ride, along with of course my first visit to down town Chicago!
  • I became the luckiest girl ever the next weekend on June 16th when Landon took me to Kip Moore and Hunter Hayes concert and asked me to be his girlfriend.
  • I was able to witness beautiful Marissa become fair queen the end of June.
  • I took the Praxis July 21st and PASSED!!
  • I also met Landon's Grandpa Poge the afternoon after my Praxis test and fell in love with tears of happiness streaming down my face! (as I have describe in previous posts)
  • The next weekend I took another trip to Chicago and was able to attend my first Cardinals game in Chicago with Landon and his friends!
  • Somewhere in there I attended my first tractor pull.
  • I attended the Races with Landon and his father which was an honor because I felt like I was crashing Father-son time!
  • Marissa made us all proud as she competed in the Fair Contest at the Iowa State Fair!
  • My sister-in-Law had her wedding showers and bachelorette party which was also a first for me!
  • Dad and I were able to have some bonding time at a cattle sale together for the weekend.
  • My oldest brother got married and had a beautiful wedding!!!
  • I attended my First IOWA FOOTBALL GAME with Landon!!
  • My best friend got engaged!!! and I am honored I will be standing up with her at her wedding! eeek!!
  • I went to Chicago with the Greenfield family and was able to see TSO for the first time!! It was AMAZING!!! Had such a fun trip!
  • The following weekend I was able to go to Chicago again with my mom and Brother's girlfriend and we visited downtown and got to see The Grinch on broadway. That was very kewl!
  • I've done a lot of babysitting and spending time with my cousins which I always enjoy.
  • Lastly, I was able to end the year with some awesome quality time with Landon which spoiled me very much and I enjoyed every minute of it!!

Some highlights of what the new year is going to bring:
  • I start student teaching Monday!!!
  • Marissa is graduating high school a week before me!!
  • I will be graduating in May!
  • My best friend is getting married in July!!
That is all I know for now, but I am extremely excited to see what else comes of 2013!! I will hopefully be finding my first job and getting out on my own. I am sure I will also have other "firsts" to look forward to with Landon!! Here's to 2013, Bring on the new year!! :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment