Monday, August 19, 2013

Catch up!

"So come with me where dreams are born and time is never planned. Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings in never never land." -Peter Pan

To all my family and friends who haven't heard from me since my last post in January. Or maybe you have and just haven't maybe been informed on EVERYTHING going on. I can't promise you that I can get you up to date completely.... but I can try to get you up to date on some of the events going on in my life.

As far as my career goes.... I started student teaching in January, finished in April, and graduated from Buena Vista University with my Bachelors of Arts degree in Education in May. My plan for now is to get some experience through substitute teaching around home for a while until a bigger opportunity arises. I have applied for my MN license and just waiting for that process to be complete. That will open more doors for me and also get me closer to Landon.

This summer has been filled with many ups and a few hardships along the way. I am so blessed to have Landon by my side every step of the way. We've made tons of memories this summer that will go down in the scrapbook and fun to look back on. We've been swimming, golfing, attended a concert, graduation, celebrated our One year together in June, shopped the Mall of America, attended a wedding, Fishing, horseback riding, bonfires, Fairs, tractor pulls, the zoo, St Louis trip to see the arch, river boat ride, and Cardinals game, Hannibal stop to see Lover's Leap, races, and of course a lot of time spent together with each other and family. This summer we have also been spending as much time as possible with Grandpa Poge who is still battling cancer. The hardest part of my summer was saying "see ya later" to my uncle Jeff who passed away expectantly from a freak accident. His son Luke and his wife are expecting their first baby boy to arrive September 1st.... that little boy will bring joy, the whole family needs. I think about him often and miss him very much. My uncle Harold also passed away about a week after Jeff this summer. He was in his 90s and lived a very fun life. I'll never forget all the games he build, taught, and played with us at family get togethers. It has been a very eventful summer!

St. Louis Arch!

Bonfires!

Iowa State Fair!

Cardinals Game!

Iowa State Fair!

Mall Of America

Celebrating our one year together!

Painting Jamie's Demo car in memory of Uncle Jeff! 
Landon's Trophy and "trophy girl" at the tractor pull!

MN zoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment